What is parent skills coaching?
Most parents want the very best for their children, but sometimes even in the most loving families things go wrong.
Parenting is one of the most important jobs any of us will ever do, and yet many people feel that they are not equipped to do it effectively.
- parent skills coaching is focussed on problem-solving, and involves learning and putting into practice some new skills
- together we look at what is going wrong, and how to get things back on track
- coaching is individually tailored to the problems you are encountering in the relationship between the adults and children in your particular family
- it is concerned with changing what is going on in the present and for the future, rather than exploring the past
- the focus is on the relationships between parents and children, rather than the individual problems of the parent
- if, during coaching, issues are identified which would be better addressed in therapy, this will be discussed with you so that you can make a choice about how to proceed